[Live-devel] Use of fTCPStreams

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Dec 31 07:39:14 PST 2019

> In which condition same RTP/RTCP packet needs to be sent to each socket(fTCPStreams)? or
> What is the use case of same RTP/RTCP packet needs to be sent to each socket(fTCPStreams)?

This can happen, for example, if a RTSP server is sending the exact same stream to more than one client - i.e, if the “reuseFirstSource” parameter was set to True in the “OnDemandServerMediaSubsession” subclass object that implements the server’s sending of the stream.

However, I’ve found that whenever someone asks a question like this about a minor detail of the code, it’s because they encountered a problem when they tried to use our libraries, and have been diving down into the details of the code in order to try to figure out why their application failed.

This is almost always a “red herring” (to use a common English idiom):
	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring
Instead, we usually find that the reason your application failed has nothing to do with the piece of code that you’re asking about.  Instead, it’s usually something much simpler.

So instead of asking about a specific piece of code, please begin by explaining how you are using the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code, and what problem you had with it.  (Until you do this, I will not be answering any more questions from you about internal details of the LIVE555 code.)