[Live-devel] (no subject)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 30 04:01:54 PDT 2020

I don’t really understand your question, as I/O in LIVE555-based applications is asynchronous (as LIVE555-based applications run within an event loops, using events, rather than threads, for concurrency).

In other words, no LIVE555-based applications (and especially not the supplied “testOnDemandRTSPServer” code that you are using) should ever ‘block’, waiting for input.

In any case, you need to upgrade to the latest version of the LIVE555 code - the only version that we support.  You were using a version that’s 7 years old!