[Live-devel] Retrieving progress / status

Andy Hawkins Andy.Hawkins at uniguest.com
Fri Oct 20 02:39:50 PDT 2023

Hi,

We're using live555 to proxy RTSP streams, by adding a ProxyServerMediaSession to an RTSP server.

Is there any way to retrieve progress / status of the connection to the 'source' RTSP server? I'm interested in whether socket connections fail, whether there's an error returned by the 'DESCRIBE' call, that sort of thing.

I can see that I can retrieve error messages by deriving a class from UsageEnvironment, but these messages can't be tied to a particular connection attempt.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Andy